Serve as a member of a design team to join the fast-paced development of unique Unmanned Aircraft Systems for commercial operations.
- Perform airframe structural configuration layout and detail design including structural layouts, preliminary sizing, joint layouts and part design, utilizing composite and metallic materials.
- Generate CAD models and drawings at top assembly and component levels. Translation of design specification requirements into conceptual models is a primary requirement of the position, with respect to construction of the product to meet interface boundaries, weight targets, cost targets and structural integrity. Ability to create parametric product geometry models desired.
- Work with Sr. Design Engineering and Analysts for iterative evaluation of designs.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality Control and other departments as required to take the design from conception to production.
- Prepare documentation to support design decisions and to resolve issues. Prepares presentations for design reviews. Assists the project engineer in preparing for technical interchange meetings and technical program reviews.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or related field from an
- Min of 3 years work experience in the aerospace industry, composite manufacturing or related field.
- Experience with CATIA V5 with a focus on Generative Surface Design, Part Design and Assemblies. Experience in Unigraphics or Pro-E will be considered based on supporting background.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written.
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Familiar with industry standards for the manufacture, repair and assembly of composite components for aerospace.
- Experience with engineering and manufacturing development of structural parts and assemblies utilizing composite materials.
- Experience with the composite part detail process, including composites stacking sequence lamination theory, honeycomb core, bonded assemblies, manufacturing assembly and fabrication processes, post-cure machining operations.
- Experience with CATIA V5 CPD (Composite Part Design) and/or FiberSIM is a plus.
Position open to Swiss or EU/EFTA-eligible workers
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office