This position will primarily support projects within Fluid Systems Service Group.
- To design and develop mechanical systems for gas turbine and compressor packages based on detailed customer requirements.
- Ensures that the highest engineering standards are maintained within the mechanical engineering department during the design and manufacture of these products.
- Reports to the mechanical engineering manager
- The role extends beyond traditional mechanical activities and covers process, instrumentation, structural, piping, and hazard analysis (HAZOP and HSE) aspects of the system design/assembly.
- Troubleshoots and understands gas turbine, compressor, and process system designs from a mechanical standpoint. Integrates those systems with electrical and controls systems. This includes lube oil, fuel gas, and seal gas systems.
- Directs and reviews the drafting/design team on the creation of contract P&IDs, bills of materials, and part assemblies.
- Supports production in the assembly of equipment through work instructions and redlining drawings.
- Performs technical calculations for a project. For example: rotordynamic, structural, and fluid flow analysis.
- Provides technical/field service support through the end of warranty and handover to service.
- Interfaces with customers in a professional fashion. Represents client as a technical subject matter expert.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BOP (Balance of Plant) & Mechanical Piping Specialist
- Minimum B.S. in an engineering related field.
- 5 to 8 years of Mechanical Engineering industry experience.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to direct a small team or give general direction to others
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel).
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.